Observations, Gross Generalizations and Thoughts:
1. Everyone in Australia has tattoos.
honestly, I was at this store fundraising form 9 am to 7pm, and I saw ZERO people between the ages of 18 and 45 without at least one tattoo. Now, don't get me wrong, I love tattoos. But, it was honestly crazy to see so few people WITHOUT them.
2. Is marriage a thing? Or do people just not wear their wedding bands?
I actually will probably end up googling this not long after I post this, having forgotten to do it beforehand. But, I saw an incredible amount of pregnant women and couples with oung children and very rarely did I see wedding rings. The wedding rings I did notice were primarily on older men and women. So perhaps this is a generation gap thing? Either that people don't get married, or simply choose not to do the rings.
3. Young men in this country are unbelievably attractive.
But seriously. The number of attractive men this country produces is astounding. They should get an award.
4. Young women are just sort of average.
This sounds mean, but I also see myself as average, and I have more to say about Australian women later on, I promise. ALSO, they're really incredibly nice people.
5. The previous statistics flip significantly starting around age 60
This was a strange phenomenon I noticed. Generally, the younger men were REALL attractive and the women were just okay, then you get to the 60-70s and this reverses! Women looked wonderful and had aged super well while men just really let go of themselves.
6. Surprising number of obese people.
Okay, I realized as I wrote that, that there's not really a nice way of putting it. But, perhaps it's due to my stereotypical Australian image is of an exremely fit cattle rancher in the outback, or Steve Irwin wrestling a crocodile. I was really quite surprised at the number of people who were pretty overweight.
7. Walking on the left is far more difficult than i previously assumed
This doesn't need more detail other than to say that while people have a right to do as they wish, right handed is more prevalent and therefore I deem RIGHT of way should be on the right at all times. That is all. Struggle city up in here.
8. Country music DOES get played! SUCCESS!
I was really hoping this was the case, since Keith Urban (mentally said that in an Aussie accent) is from here, and it is!
9. Children with accents actually are the best.
Yup.
10. People here do actually seem to like animals more than people sometimes.
The amount of sypathy i got for animals due to the wildfires was crazy. Several times I brought up that I was glad more people weren't hurt, and almost invariably people responded with, yes, well, they can at least leave. AKA if they died it's on them, animals don't have a choice. To be fair, animals also have the ability to move, and normally a better sense of impending destruction, so....really it's on them too.
11. I'm pretty positive Australians secretly breed models somewhere.
Okay, I promised I would talk about women more. Here it is. So, if you haven't noticed, the famous Australians most people know happen to be incredibly attractive male actors, or insanely beuatiful female models. GUYS. I saw SO MANY girls that were over 5'11'' it was CRAZY. And all of them were stunning. Sidenote--this was in a outer suburb of Brisbane, so who KNOWS what Sydney will be like. All of this to say that i'm pretty positive they must pair all the beautiful women with really tall (invariably attractive) men in order to breed a race of models so stunning the world can do nothing but accept their superiority. Just a theory,
12. I got asked out by a 60 year old man in wheelchair.
Real life.
13. The older the man, the shorter the shorts
This just seems to be some strange rule that people go by here. I assume the shorter shorts stems from rugby shorts being short, but....some people jst don't need shorts that small. Just saying.
Well, those are my thoughts during a day of fundraising at a grocery store in a suburb. Let's hope the entertainment keeps on rolling in=]
No comments:
Post a Comment