Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thoughts...

Just a few thoughts from today that I felt like getting out

1. Animals are considered to be BEAUTIFUL. Think about this. We go to zoos, aquariums and even have an entire channel devoted to them. Now, how ridiculous is it of us to think that we ourselves are not insanely beautiful if God created ANIMALS to be beautiful. How insane is it that we have even moments  where we feel ugly when God takes the time to worry about the beauty of even the flowers in the fields. Don't believe me? Check out Luke 12:28. GOD LOVES US. He created us with the hands of an artist. With love, purpose, design, excitement. He delights in who we are because we are beautiful.

2. I really need to work on respecting God. Funny, because I normally think of myself as being a pretty respectful person. Having grown up with teachers for parents, I learned fast how much disrespect hurts people. But, I was reading through Numbers 15 today and when I got to verse 30 the words just CRUSHED me. I am so terrible about sinning with defiance. Honestly, how much worse is it when you KNOW what is right and choose to do otherwise. How selfish, cruel and just disrespectful of us is that? Yet, even in the past few days I can think of multiple times where AS I was considering doing something I thought, "Well, this isn't really right, but it's good for this moment. So, just this once, then I won't do it again next time." hahahahah How ABSURD! Does it really matter if I don't do it next time if I've already completely disrespected the person, or in this case, God in that moment? I think of all the times I've been angry with my sisters for doing something I've told them multiple times not to do and watched them do it right in front of me. How hypocritical is it of me to not forgive them for those things, or to reach out in anger when I do the exact same thing to the God of the UNIVERSE on a day to day basis. Ridiculous. Thank goodness He is also a God who forgives....
             Hebrews 10:17


3. Morning quiet times are the best! I am NOT a morning person but around here when your apartment gets up you do too. And honestly, it's been awesome for my quiet times because I've started becoming the person who can't go back to bed once i'm up. Crazy right?? I read a verse today about how Christ was dealing with a bunch of insanity from people (per usual) and woke up in the morning and sought out a quiet place. Even Christ needed some time away from everything in the morning to talk to God. Maybe it's just me but being that I'm really beginning to realize how much i need morning quiet times to start off my day, it's super encouraging to see that Christ did it too. I love when God gives you stuff like that just when you need it.

الحمد لله  

1 comment:

  1. dear kaye, i love your heart and your vulnerability. and thanks for sharing, because these are definitely things i need to be reminded of too...like all the time. haha.

    p.s. you're the best!

    ReplyDelete