So guess where I now work. Victoria's Secret. Yeah, that happened. =] It seems like a weird choice I guess for a summer project, but I think it's going to be an awesome place for me to start getting people to talk about faith. My first day was this past wednesday and I worked again today. I LOVE WORKING. I mean, story of my life. I cannot imagine having a time of my life where i'm not working in some capacity. It's honestly one of the things that I truly feel purpose in. I love getting the chance to help others and meet new people. What better place to do that than at work? =] So, what you should be taking from that is that I love Victoria's Secret so far. My boss is nice (and organized!!---well mostly...i'll get to that in a bit), my coworkers seem great and I get sweet discounts. It's going to be a good summer with them.
Downside? Yes.
1-I work 45 minutes away by bus which means that if i need to get there by 9am I have to get up at 7ish to catch the bus on time. this wouldn't be frustrating except that by car it's like 15 minutes if that.
2- My boss doesn't understand my schedule yet. I have specific restrictions on when I can work because of all the other things we're doing while we're here. So I am unable to work past 6pm (except for saturday) and I can only work tues-saturday. Because of the weird way in which I got hired my manager and I didn't really go over all this during my interview other than to discuss that I did have restrictions. SO, today I checked my schedule for the upcoming week and i'm on sunday, monday and tuesday. FAIL. And 2 of those days i'm working in the evening. It's just really frustrating. I HATE being that person. The person who has to back out of tasks when people need me. It's the worst. UGH. It's really frustrating. Even more so because I talked to my manager about my hours on wWednesday. As in I SAT DOWN with her and WROTE OUT when I could work. If it were any other circumstances I would absolutely work all 3 of those days, but I'm not allowed to and I know she really needs me to. I hate failing people. So I'll be praying that everything works out the way it needs to on this one and my manager doesn't flip out.
Other than that little bit of insanity, life has been good. I've gotten a chance to really get to know some of the girls I live with. It is ridiculous how God works things out. When we were placed in rooms the staff didn't know our personalities, who we were or anything that might help them and yet God completely came through in helping them make the right decisions. The girls i live with are WONDERFUL. Besides being exactly the type of people i need to truly challenge me in my faith and just general outlook on life. It's crazy to sit there having a giant chat sesh with these girls and realize how similar many of us are in our struggles and how much we balance each other out in different areas. So many things have been tested since I've been here. My patience, my preconceptions, my trust, and my relationships. Yet, in each of these God has picked me up and shown me what he wants me to learn in those areas. I wish I could explain in detail how and why that's happening but it's too much for one blog post. So, for now, i'll leave you with the knowledge that God is incredibly faithful even when we aren't.
Update: Since my little flip out over my boss' inability to create a schedule I called her and she fixed it completely. God is amazing.=]
Romans 3:3-4
Downside? Yes.
1-I work 45 minutes away by bus which means that if i need to get there by 9am I have to get up at 7ish to catch the bus on time. this wouldn't be frustrating except that by car it's like 15 minutes if that.
2- My boss doesn't understand my schedule yet. I have specific restrictions on when I can work because of all the other things we're doing while we're here. So I am unable to work past 6pm (except for saturday) and I can only work tues-saturday. Because of the weird way in which I got hired my manager and I didn't really go over all this during my interview other than to discuss that I did have restrictions. SO, today I checked my schedule for the upcoming week and i'm on sunday, monday and tuesday. FAIL. And 2 of those days i'm working in the evening. It's just really frustrating. I HATE being that person. The person who has to back out of tasks when people need me. It's the worst. UGH. It's really frustrating. Even more so because I talked to my manager about my hours on wWednesday. As in I SAT DOWN with her and WROTE OUT when I could work. If it were any other circumstances I would absolutely work all 3 of those days, but I'm not allowed to and I know she really needs me to. I hate failing people. So I'll be praying that everything works out the way it needs to on this one and my manager doesn't flip out.
Other than that little bit of insanity, life has been good. I've gotten a chance to really get to know some of the girls I live with. It is ridiculous how God works things out. When we were placed in rooms the staff didn't know our personalities, who we were or anything that might help them and yet God completely came through in helping them make the right decisions. The girls i live with are WONDERFUL. Besides being exactly the type of people i need to truly challenge me in my faith and just general outlook on life. It's crazy to sit there having a giant chat sesh with these girls and realize how similar many of us are in our struggles and how much we balance each other out in different areas. So many things have been tested since I've been here. My patience, my preconceptions, my trust, and my relationships. Yet, in each of these God has picked me up and shown me what he wants me to learn in those areas. I wish I could explain in detail how and why that's happening but it's too much for one blog post. So, for now, i'll leave you with the knowledge that God is incredibly faithful even when we aren't.
Update: Since my little flip out over my boss' inability to create a schedule I called her and she fixed it completely. God is amazing.=]
Romans 3:3-4
No comments:
Post a Comment